Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Boys Bedroom 1-15-12

2 projects today. Cleaning my boys room and making a cool "fort" for privacy for each boy. It's a disaster right now. We've had kids most of the weekend and yesterday was a half day at school, so the kids destroyed the house. It's a mess, but someone has to clean it up and I'm not waiting till the kids get home from school. I want it done. Now. I will not let my ADD get the bet of me today. this has to be done.
This is before...
It's a wreck! There are DVD strewed all over the floor too. Ugh. What a disaster. Not for long! Better get to it!

Half way done. One fort down, one to go..

 Done with fishing wire, shower curtain rod, 1 twin sheet folded, hooks and more hooks. I already had the sheet. I had to buy fishing wire ($3.00), Hooks ($5.00) and the hook up in the ceiling was 8 for ($.97). The shower curtain rod was ($12.00).
 A really cheap and very easy project. Tons of fun for the kids. What kid doesn't want a fort?? Both my boys do! They love the privacy when they need it.

Done! The sheet gives them privacy. And let's face it, It's just plain FUN!

Above: Curtains closed.

Above: Curtains Open.

This project took me 2 & 1/2 hours. It took a while longer because I washed the sheets and bedding while I was moving and cleaning and putting up the sheet-curtains. I also put away everything that was on the floor and vacuumed. And moved the posters.
The Finished Project. Wallah!
I have my 2 boys and then we're always having the kids friends spend the night, so we need an air mattress.
The sheet-curtains make it look a bit messy, but they'll have tons of fun. I'm okay with slightly messy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment